What Does Leadership Have to Do with Performance Improvement?
There are several performance-improvement disciplines including Human Resource Management, Organizational Development, Project Management, and Six Sigma. Is the practice of leadership a performance-improvement discipline? The answer is both “Yes” and “No.” From a HPT perspective, what does leadership mean?
Since the last quarter of the 20th Century, authors have advanced a new leadership approach coined by some as 21st Century Leadership. Authors such as Blanchard, Maxwell, Hunter, and Kouzes and Posner promote nontraditional thinking about leadership while contemporary authors such as Sinek, Wiseman and McKeown, Collins, and Marquet provide an even more radical shift. Some authors write from personal experiences, others are thought leaders, and some leveraged research grounded in the behavioral sciences to reach their conclusions.
Based on a meta-analysis of fifteen contemporary leadership books, Gary A. DePaul shares insights into this shift from traditional leadership towards 21st Century Leadership. Join Gary as he summarizes insights about the practice of this contemporary leadership approach.
What You’ll Take-Away
In addition to an introduction to 21st Century Leadership, you’ll take away the following:
What You'll Learn
- 21st Century Leadership Framework – describes this new leadership approach
- List of 21st Century Leadership 7 principles and 26 beliefs
- List of 13 traditional assumptions that can interfere with effective leadership practices
After Gary facilitates this presentation, you'll be able to:
- Rethink your views of leadership by leveraging the take-away deliverables
- Help others learn the how traditional and 21st Century Leadership and traditional leadership differ
- Avoid some of the traditional leadership pitfalls by using the 13 traditional leadership assumption list
For More Information
To learn more about 21st Century Leadership, refer to Gary A. DePaul’s book, Nine Practices of 21st Century Leadership: A Guide for inspiring Innovation, Creativity, and Engagement. Productivity Press expects to publish this book late June or early July 2015.
When: May 28, 2015
Time: 7:00pm PST
Speaker: Gary DePaul
Gary A. DePaul is a speaker, author, and performance consultant with Gary DePaul Consulting. With more than twenty years of practitioner and academic experiences in performance improvement, Gary helps elevate the performance of individuals, teams, and organizations.